Sunday, November 30, 2008

Final Blog

Of all the readings we have studied this semester, my two favorites have been A Streetcar Named Desire and Atonement. Although I usually don't like reading plays, I found I had a hard time putting down A Streetcar Named Desire. I really enjoyed William's writing style and loved the story line. I also like the plot of Atonement, although I found the story to be kind of sad. I also thought McEwan wrote excellent descriptions.
I did not really enjoy reading the short story Snow and most of the poetry that we read. I could not find a plot in Snow at all, and I am sure there were more interesting stories to read in the Anthology. I also had a hard time understanding the poetry, and I thought it was kind of dull and difficult to analyze. We read so many interesting stories out of the anthology, and I am sure there were some more great stories in there. Instead of reading Snow and some of the poetry, I think we could read other pieces from the anthology book.

1 comment:

Rachel Sparks said...

Yes, I really enjoyed the layout of A Streetcar named Desire as well! It was fun and interesting! When I first read Snow, I didn't really like it, but once we discussed it in class, I better understood and appreciated it!